Projects We Love
Fenton Glass Cowl
by Sara Delaney
Crochet can be soft and subtle and drop dead gorgeous! Take a look at a few projects that really highlight the beauty and crochet skills of the artists who created them. The Fenton Glass Cowl above was designed as a moebius cowl allowing the evolution to grow outward from the center. It was crocheted using a small cake of Arial in Vintage.
Gypsy is now Nomad
We were recently informed that the name we chose for our beloved Gypsy colorway is used as a disparaging or derogatory term in some parts of the world. That was very upsetting news indeed. That’s not how we roll! We pride ourselves on having a warm, inclusive environment. In the spirit we intended to evoke, we have changed the name to Nomad. The colorway will remain the same, but the new name is effective immediately. We sincerely apologize for any hurt this may have caused.
On the Road!
We will be on the road at the beginning of next month for the Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival in Franklin, Indiana. This will be our second time attending the show and we couldn’t be happier about it. This festival is chock-full of workshops, activities, musical entertainment, demonstration and more. You can even “Kiss-A-Paca”! If you are anywhere close to the area, it is well worth a trip. We would love to see you!
New Monthly Photo Contest!
We love to see your Ravelry Projects! To encourage you to post them all we are adding a little incentive… Each month one project will be chosen at random each month to receive a $40 Gift Certificate to Twisted! We might even feature your project in our next Newsletter! Photos may also appear in our various social media outlets.
Here are the rules:
- We are looking for high-quality, clear, well lit photos. Doesn’t have to be “perfect”!
- Projects must use only Twisted Fiber Art Yarn.
- Each project must be shared with our Ravelry group for the entry to count.
- Each project must be tagged in all medias (including Ravelry) with the following in this order (please check your spelling, it’s Art singular)
- All projects are eligible. We can’t wait to see the stuff you come up with!
- Knit, crochet, woven, spun, etc.
- You may enter as many projects as you wish as long as each project has its own project page on Ravelry! Each will be counted as an individual entry. Yay, more chances to win!
- Sharing your project on Facebook or Instagram will gain you extra entries! So share away! (For example a project shared on Ravelry, Facebook AND Instagram gets you 3 entries 1 For Ravelry, 1 for Facebook and 1 for Instagram. No project page on Ravelry means 0 entries even if you share your photo on the other outlets.)
- We all know that kids are cute, but please refrain from having children’s faces in the picture. Gotta keep the little ones safe.
- A special note about play mats. We know they are easy to photograph on as you block, but we want the focus of the photo to be your beautiful project!
- This month’s project will be randomly selected June 14th
We will run this contest monthly so don’t fret if you can’t get it all done this month. There will be plenty of opportunities! If there are a bunch of entries in one month, we can give out more than one prize!
The winner will receive a $40 Gift Certificate to Twisted! (That’s a whole Small Evolution or about half a Large!)
If your Photo is selected to go in the newsletter you will receive a “stamp” that you can upload to your project page in recognition. That and all the fame and accolades that accompany being the lead story on our Newsletter 😉
Thank you so much and Have Fun!
Patterns and Projects:
More to Explore
This Twisted Minstrel in Autumn shawlette (below) Crocheted by Crafty Flutterby is perfect for the warmer months. Its lightweight and smaller size make it the perfect accessory for an upscale night out at your favorite restaurant. Drape it over your shoulders and crank up the AC! Michelle Stead designed this for us using an Arial Small but if you are a Drama Diva and are looking for a bit more coverage try a Tasty Large. This Pattern is customizable, don’t stop till you have used up the whole cake!
Like the pin? Michelle is Michelle’s Assortments on etsy, you can find one like it and many more when you browse her shop!
This Catnip Cowl by Katie Himmelberg was crocheted by tunsia using our Dapper Colorway. Catnip was named because like a cat you will want to rub your face all over it. I’d say the choice of a cowl to wrap up in was “purrrfect”!
This simple wrap (above) that clantabby calls The Painted Desert is a great example of how soft and elegant crochet can be. Crocheted end to end using Nomad on Muse this silk wrap is sure to add a little luxury to any outfit.
Starting today, May 21, 2017
Carousel, Discworld, Heartbreak, Rooster, Sherwood, Totally
Starting Sunday, June 4, 2017
Boreal, Firefly, Manitou, Saffron, Vesuvius, Vintage
Come See Us:
On The Road
Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival
Johnson County Fairgrounds
Friday, June 2nd 10:30 – 5:30 and
Saturday June 3rd 9am – 4pm
Wine and Wool
Sandhill Crane Vineyards
Saturday, July 29, 2017
Join us for some Fiber Fun in the Sun!
Enjoy delicious food from the cafe and shop the vendors while you sip local wine.
Wine tasting $5 per person
Shaumburg Convention Center
August 3-6, 2017
Join us in the Windy City for this region’s biggest show!
Vendors and Classes and Fiber – Oh My!
Vogue Knitting Live
Twisted takes Manhattan!
January 12-14, 2018
A one of a kind, experimental knitting event in the Heart of Times Square. Shop the marketplace, watch non-stop designer fashion shows and browse the knitted art gallery!